SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

The electricity in my van keeps going off and if I am not

Customer Question

Hi, the electricity in my van keeps going off and if I am not there to put it on all the food in my fridge and freezer goes off. I feel I should be compensated for my loss. The power shutdown was caused by a security light being attached to my van unknown to me and without my permission. I amm so sickened by this constant problem that I have decided to leave and have now been told I must pay 15% of any money to the Park. Is this right?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: My caravan is in Turnberry Girvan Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Kicked up a storm! Also there was evidence of my van being occupied during lockdown and the fridge freezer had a foot of ice build-up as the doors were left wide open and kiddies toys were in the van
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I was lied to when I bought the van, I don't rive and I have COPD which makes walking aany distance
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 16 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and reviewing your question now for you. I shouldn’t be long.

I am very sorry to hear of your circumstances. You should send them a letter before action to claim any loss that you can quantify as a result of having to replace food. You should also claim reimbursement on an licence fees paid to the park for the period when you had no access during lockdown when they allowed other people to use your van without your consent on the grounds of breach of your licence agreement.

amy follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. Always glad to clarify. All the best.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for your advice.

You are welcome.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I did answer, I thanked you for you advice.
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 15 days ago.

Cheers