How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask INC Law Your Own Question
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 15884
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
Type Your Law Question Here...
INC Law is online now

Do I pay tax if I have a offshore company in Delaware but am

Customer Question

Do I pay tax if I have a offshore company in Delaware but am operating from another country
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Not much, I am just exploring
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The company is an IT company, it will not really need staff to service it regularly as it will be self service through website once set up in Delaware
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 days ago.


Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

In short, Yes, you would have to pay tax in the US if you have a company registered there.

I would suggest speaking with an accountant in the US for further guidance.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
No I was asking about paying tax in UK
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Do I have pay tax in UK
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 days ago.


Not if the company is set upnin the US. Tax would be payable in the US.

Due to a taxation treaty between the UK and US, tax would not be levied twice.

I hope this helps.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
thank you
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 days ago.

It's a pleasure.

Good luck!