AkuaK
AkuaK,
Experience:  Expert
109603637

It took me about 5 months to get a practical driving test

Hello,it took me about 5 months to get a practical driving test appointment however my driving instructor bailed on me 1 working day before the test date. now i cant book another practical driving test for the foreseeable future.is there a case in here? thank you!

Good morning, why was the instructor not able to do your test?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
ive been taking driving lessons with him for months. he bought a new car and i was struggling to control the cluth. also he was giving me mixed signals. on the previous lesson he said "you're too slow on bends" or "i dont need to stop at give way line" so the next lesson when i tried to implement his remarks he said "you're driving too dangerously. i wont give you my car for the test. you're not ready".also ive been learning from 2 driving instructors and the other driving instructor hasnt mentioned even 1 red flag and was happy to go with me for the test.

Unfortunately, there would be no legal case in these circumstances as if your instructor sees that your require more practice so you are not hazard on the road it’s better to await. A duty of care is owed to other car drivers and pedestrians.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
what if i disagree with his opinion? as i said, i was learning from 2 driving instructors and the other instructor hasnt mentioned even 1 red flag. also. if you count the number of lessons ive taken, its going to be well above average of what is required to pass the test.and how can it be that he was happy to book that test with me a week or two ago, so he must have known that i was ready. only just to cancel it the last minute.

Due to the cancelling there are always unforeseen circumstances that may have caused the driver to cancel. If you were not happy with the service first thing take it up with the driving school to flag to them.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you.