Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

French citizenchip, france, nothing yet I am a french

Customer Question

french citizenchip
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: france
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: nothing yet I am a french national, my children were born in uk. I moved to france 2 weeks ago. and wanted to give them french nationalities. However I cant seem to find away to do so in france. ( apart from moving back to uk and doing it in the french consulate in UK). So i would like to find away to so in France.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that is everything :) thank you
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 12 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Unfortunately, you will need to speak to a French lawyer. We can answer questions based on English and Welsh law.

I will however try to do some research and come back to you if I have found anything relevant for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
thank you so much, in this site. Is there any French Lawyer ?

I do not think there is.

According to Le droit du sang, they can claim French citizenship based on descent, i.e. based on your, as a parent, French citizenship, but according to my research, as they live in the UK, this would have to be done through the French Consulate.

It may be possible to sort it out in France but I am afraid you will need to speak to a French lawyer. I hope this was somehow helpful.