Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

My wife and i have been scammed by a fake trading company

Customer Question

my wife and i have been scammed by a fake trading company here in the
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: contacted the banks stopped all transactions and reported to Legal Action
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: we believe we wont get any of the monies back and possible resigned to it
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.

Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.

Please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

I am sorry to hear about this. Have you contacted the FCA and Action Fraud?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Action fraud got our cases and have crime numbers from the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau and no just the banks
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
cant afford the £44 phone call.....all money counts now
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Both my wife and i have been scammed 2 different banks

Ok, it looks like you have done the right thing. You may want to contact the FCA https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/report-scam-us - they may be able to help in case the company is question is registered with them.

Please feel free to ignore the automatic prompts for a call if you do not require one.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
lost thousands ......apparently it was a fake company with fake documents claiming a member of FCA registered
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
were beginning to believe now losing thousands never to see anything again
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i am seeking victim support as i am constantly breaking down
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
we realised and stopped the scam on thursday the 3 rd June way too late, my wife lost thousands and me aswell from our bank accounts to a foreign bank .............we have no hope seeing any money!!!!!!
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
banks are looking into it .........wont hold my breath tho!

I am really sorry to hear about it. I think you are doing the right thing! Feel free to come back with anything else. I will be happy to help.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
i need as much info and help you could give me please
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
rather lost to know where to go from here if banks,fca unable to help. any other advice would be very helpful

Except the FCA I think you did the right thing by reporting it to the Police and Action Fraud. Unfortunately that is all I am ware of as to what you can do.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thank you for your time

I am sorry I can't give you a better answer but I hope all goes well.