INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Renting a flat, esa, mental health, windows been lit falling

Customer Question

Hello, renting a flat, esa, mental health, windows been lit falling out for three years, neighbours in same house and letting agent are harassing me ...I have been evicted, quite happy to move, just wondering if because I witheld rent when I paid for the floor to dry out after water tank damage, whether it's with perduing any claims to my health and financially? ( It's been horrific, daily gossip by "Christians") discrimination, degredation, the letting agents are in the n xt street just watching the windows fall out. ( A lovely kind man is helping me find a home) I don't know whether to ignore it all, or face it head on, but tryi g to talk to them us like I'm Chinese, and they speak Russian back. Thanks heaps, Laurie
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Told cab
JA: Where is the flat located?
Customer: Penzance, Corneall
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so, Thankyou. It might be best to do nothing, ok
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 days ago.

Hi Laurie,

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you reported the state of the property to the local council?

Expert:  INC Law replied 6 days ago.

I would suggest you contact the Council and report the landlord and state of property to them.

The local.council have an obligation to ensure that properties meet certain standards will and will take any necessary action against the landlord.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

many thanks