How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JeremyT1020 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 338
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
JeremyT1020 is online now

I need to talk to family advocate, Ipswich, There was a

Customer Question

Hi ..I am Elizabeth..I need to talk to family advocate
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ipswich
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: There was a domestic abuse on me by my husband on Feb presence of my son who was 2.5 year old ..I called did not charge him...I am on Tier 2 dependant visa ..we had pooled Money n bought a house as well in Bolton...
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He left the home that day...then came in between and was creating problems especially at night.. because of the fear we relocated to ipswich
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Being a single parent ...I would like to know wt are his obligation to me and the child
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Is he responsible for upbringing the child...I want him to take care of the child atleast 5- 10 days a month...what all rights do my son has?
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 17 days ago.
Good evening and thank you for your question. I'm a solicitor specialising in divorce, separation and children's matters. I'm sorry to hear about the problems your husband has caused so I'd like to offer some guidance. Firstly, how long have you been married? Secondly, is your husband working? Thanks, J
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
We had been married for 3 years 7 months...he is working ..he is a doctor
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 16 days ago.
Good evening and thank you for your patience. If your husband was abusive towards you and you might want to return to the family home, you could apply for an occupation order. Assuming you were successful, your husband would have to move out. The occupation order is backed by a power of arrest - if your husband attempted to re-enter the property, he could be arrested and fined/imprisoned.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 16 days ago.
With regard to your child
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 16 days ago.
His only responsibility is financial - he is under an obligation to pay child maintenance to you. You cannot force him to see your child if he does not want to.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 16 days ago.
On the other hand, your child has a right to have a relationship with both parents. If you denied him contact, he could make an application to court for a Child Arrangements Order to spend time with his child.
Expert:  JeremyT1020 replied 16 days ago.
If the court determined that he was likely to compromise your child's welfare, they would not make an order for you to make your child available to spend time with him. Otherwise, his child is entitled to spend 'reasonable' time with him. What is reasonable differs from matter to matter. At the moment, you live some distance apart so 'reasonable' contact at your child's young age might be more infrequent than if he lived a few miles away.