Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I have a problem and really I t know how I sorte it.

Customer Question

Good morning, I have a problem and really I don t know how I sorte it. transferred to BT in January 2020 due to the poor service that I received from VirginMedia.I was unable to find the way to cancel and had to use the “chat” service. I believed that I had cancelled but the bills kept arriving.I have my messages from my communication with customer services – I was not able to talk to anyone.Now VirginMedia have placed a default on my credit file and I am unable to get a mortgage. English is not my first language and I have asked my mortgage advisor to help.He has spoken with VirginMedia on my behalf and they say that a formal request to cancel was not made. I have my texts that show that I had asked customer services for information on how to cancel but no one got back to me.VirginMedia told him that they had tried to call me but I had not answered – this is because I am always working. I have had received no written communication from Virginmedia.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: I live in that period in Hampton London
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I used app uswitch.com in december one week before Christmas and I change provider with BT because Virginmedia have a problem with broadband.I try contact on the phone none answer is only the machine .In Januarie 6 I start pay BT and in the same time Virginmedia but I want close the account
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Because of this Virgimedia the broker is not posdible to deal with my mortgage
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 17 days ago.
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.
Please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.

Thank you for your patience. I am sorry to hear about it. You need to make a formal compliant to Virgin media. You should set out all relevant information including your evidence (online chat) and state that due to a poor service you had to switch. Require them to remove a default and inform that you will be making a formal complaint to their regulator Ofcom. You can do it here: Faults and service problems - Ofcom

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you so much I do this now ,I try with resolver site but not give me any answer only Virgin media want talk with me but this think never happen and I m one step to lost some money because I want to start mortgage.

I understand it. That's why it is very important that you file a compliant directly with Virgin Media and if needs be, complain to Ofcom.

*complain

I hope this helps. Feel free to come back with any follow up questions. I am happy to help.