SS Legal Advisor
SS Legal Advisor, Advocate
Experience:  Senior Caseworker at DL Solicitors
107664070

I would like to enquire what would be the best option for my

Hi, I would like to enquire what would be the best option for my wife to get ILR ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: She is on Teir 2 Visa working as a doctor in training. She has been on this visa Since August 2018. She goto another year of training which she will apply for visa in few weeks sponsored by health education englnd.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I got citizenship few days ago and she moved to uk in 2015 and was dependant on my visa till 2018
I am an experienced legal advisor and I am happy to answer your question.For her to obtain ILR she will need to complete 5 years on her Tier 2 Visa. Given that she has been on it for 3 years and there will always be a job for a doctor she would be able to get ILR in 2023.The other route to ILR would be 10 years long residence. But that would of course take longer.Can I please confirm what visa you were on before that she was a dependent on?Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I would like advice regarding the following.I have just been granted a UK citizenship as I was on teir 2 then ILR ( just waiting the ceremony).
My question is regarding my wife:
1- She moved to uk when we got married ( Date of Marriage January 2015), but actual moving to UK was in August 2015 on my teir 2 visa as dependant
2- She stayed as dependat till she got her on Teir 2 visa on August 2018.Does me getting the citizenship can epidite things or It would be better to carry on her teir 2 visa till she get ILR after 5 years as you mentioned
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
since August 2018 she is on her Own Teir 2 Visa as a doctor in training
Thank you for clarifying.You getting citizenship will not speed up her ILR process.She will need to obtain ILR in her own right by completing 5 years as a skilled worker.I hope that makes sense.Kind regards
S
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Happy to help.Kind regards
S