INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

Someone is putting up posters with my face on them around

Customer Question

Hi Someone is putting up posters with my face on them around the City. The image seems to have been taken on CCTV, i want to check if they can legally do this
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Glasgow, Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Nothing as yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Its an employee of a rival business and he is also making claims on the poster that he cannot substantiate
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 days ago.

Thank you for your query. I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

What does the poster depict?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi It has an image of me on it which looks as if it has been sourced from cctv and some text below it
Expert:  INC Law replied 7 days ago.

If it has own image from is CCTV, then yes, he can use the image.

If the statement made is untrue or defamatory in any way, you may have a aim under the defamation act.

You may also be able to argue nuisance and obtain an injunction through the courts.

I hope this helps.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.