JimLawyer
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
97337639

I was chatting to one of your colleagues but managed to cut

Customer Question

I was chatting to one of your colleagues but managed to cut myself off!!. My problem is trying to find out if I can defer my holiday to later in the year. I am booked to arrive on 11th June, but my husband has had urgent referrals to a specialist as our GP suspects prostate cancer. I wondered if we could defer to September when hopefully this issue can be resolved. Also I never received my acknowledgement e mail, and only realised this when I started trying to contact Hoseasons.I have spent countless hours on the phone, trying to make contact .I have been dealing with family bereavements so things got missed. I would be grateful for any help you can give. Please bear in mind I am 75 yrs old, so not a speedy typist.
JA: How's your Internet connection? Are you checking your email from a browser or a mail client (e.g. Outlook)?
Customer: Your colleague asked me this, I have very good internet connection, we have our own firm based in Hull. I use outlook and do not have any problems. My son works in computers and keeps me sorted.
JA: Are there any antivirus or firewall settings that could block you from receiving mail?
Customer: none at all, but I did notice on the complaints page others had not received theirs. I received my booking confirmation without any problems.
JA: Is there anything else the Email Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so thank you.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I managed to finally speak to someone this morning. She tried ringing the park but line engaged. I am hoping for a response from park sometime today!!
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 14 days ago.

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 14 days ago.

It would depend on the agent's booking terms and conditions whether or not you can move the date. I note you have tried to reach Hoseasons on the phone - without success. I have checked their website and you can manage your booking which may well let you move the date. Here is the link to go to : https://www.hoseasons.co.uk/account/login
They seem to say there is a £35 fee to change the date so it does look like you can change the date to September if you wish.
The above should answer your question but do let me know if you need more help.

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 14 days ago.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,
Jim

Expert:  JimLawyer replied 14 days ago.

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,

Jim

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I finally manage to speak to someone. I was told at this date it was too late to make changes and l would receive a 5% refund as cancellation pay back.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 14 days ago.

OK, thanks - that would apply if it is contained within the booking terms and conditions. If there is a window within which to make a change then they should let you but if you go over the window then they would be within their rights to hold you to it.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
l appreciate that but they would not consider letting the holiday be re arranged.
Expert:  JimLawyer replied 14 days ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** for a trip for a specific date and unless their terms and conditions allow you to move the date, they don't have to. I would not recommend you sue them as they will simply rely upon what the booking terms state. If you paid by credit card (minimum £100) then your card provider may refund you though.