AkuaK
AkuaK,
Experience:  Expert
109603637

Second opinion] My mom and dad got there ILR in 1988. My dad

Customer Question

second opinion] My mom and dad got there ILR in 1988. My dad has passed away. I am there only child. Mom is eligible for uk citizenship if she stays here in London for 9 out of 12 months. I have a 2 year multiple visa. I have also lived in London continuously from 1979 till 1985 and then visited regularly.
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: What’s the best way for me to get residency here?
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the citizenship application?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my question is regarding ILR for myself
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  AkuaK replied 14 days ago.

Good morning, when you were born did your parents ILR and how old are you?

Expert:  AkuaK replied 14 days ago.

To obtain naturalisation through your parents you should having continuously been living in the U.K. with parent as you come in and out on multiple visa you spend more time outside the U.K.  A route you can look at is the skilled work visa if you can obtain sponsorship from a company to proceed.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
By the way I lived in London continuously from 1979 - 1985 then I spent 3-4 months a year here
Expert:  AkuaK replied 14 days ago.

Unfortunately this still would not make valid residence to obtain citizenship as you have not been resident for the last 5 years.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
you are correct. How ever as first step I was thinking this might help me get ILR first and then citizenship in due course?
Expert:  AkuaK replied 14 days ago.

When you obtain a visa and have completed 5 years then obtain ILR then can get citizenship.