NewExpertAS4920
NewExpertAS4920, Solicitor
Experience:  Experience in Litigation, Property, Family and Employment Law matters
108371865

Im have been called on disciplinary hearing. Due to leaving

Customer Question

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Im have been called on disciplinary hearing. Due to leaving work early for months. I’m guilty of that definitely. But I don’t want to be dismissed. I need your advice
JA: Have you discussed the disciplinary action with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: manager
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Employee
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thanks
Expert:  NewExpertAS4920 replied 18 days ago.
Hi! I am a qualified solicitor in England and Wales. I will be assisting you with your query today. I may need to ask a few questions before I can address your query.Please bear in mind this is a chat service and there may be delays in responding due to assisting other customers.
How long have you been employed for?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
4years
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no is ok
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
hello, how long will this take?
Have you previously received any warning(s)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no, i haven’t
Is there any particular reason for leaving for early?
For leaving work early*
Apologies for the typing error
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
no, only because there's no work to do
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
i know thats not a good
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
im a cleaner and the office is empty, everyone is WFH
Ideally if there is no work, you should ask for permission from a senior member of staff before leaving work. If this is not the case then it is right for your employer to invite you for a meeting to discuss this matter. You should explain yourself in the meeting.Given that you have been employed for 4 years it may be that they take a lenient approach and give you a warning instead. However due to the corona virus pandemic it is more important to ensure all areas are clean whether or nor everyone is WFH.
Your employer may even treat this as an health and safety issue amounting to gross misconduct. Thus resulting in your dismissal.
In your meeting try and justify yourself and see how they react. In your meeting you are entitled to have a work colleague present with you
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
when i leave i never leave without cleaning place
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok, thanks
Then you should explain that in the meeting.
My pleasure
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
ok, thanks again