INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I'm having issues with getting my UK passport. I've gone

Hello good day, I'm having issues with getting my UK passport. I've gone through all the stages and provided all the documents and done the interview, and afterwards nothing, not heard any information again apart from it's under review.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I don't currently live in the uk because was born in Nigeria, but my mum was born in the UK
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: I haven't taken any extra steps apart from waiting, neither have I filed any paperwork, I currently live in Nigeria. I have dual citizenship in both Nigeria and Britain (due to my mum) I haven't spoken with any lawyer yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No there's nothing else

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

Have you contacted the UK Embassy in Lagos?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No I haven't

If you are in Nigeria, your application would be processed in Nigeria.

Your first port of call should be the UK Embassy jn Lagos. They would be able to provide you with an update as to the status of your application.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Really?
But I've been in contact with HMPO in uk and my documents were sent to the Durham office and and it was them I had most of the correspondence with before the interview and not the lagos office.

Where did you send the application to? Was it sent to the UK or filed locally?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Because we used the online application and sent all the documentation to the uk
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yeah, we sent it to the UK

Ok. That makes sense. You could have made an application locally.

If sent to the UK, I am afraid all you can donis wait.

HMPO have a contact number you can call

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Yeah I've been calling the contact number, but all the information I keep getting is under review basically, and that doesn't tell me anything about why it's not been finalized since I did the interview in March

The following link will provide an explanation for the delay: https://www.gov.uk/government/news/her-majestys-passport-office-update-on-passport-applications

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Alright then thanks, it's just getting a bit frustrating as we started this application in September last year, that makes almost a year
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Guess I'll just give them a call tomorrow again. Thanks for the time

It's a pleasure.

Good luck!