Marcinlondon
Marcinlondon, Solicitor
Experience:  Qualified Lawyer - 8 years experience
110941711

I bought a smart TV from in October 2020 to help me through

Customer Question

i bought a smart TV from ***** ***** in October 2020 to help me through the dark months of lockdown after my husband died. it has given me nothing but grief and i want a replacement. After much argy bargy two men from a sub contractor arrived on 20 May and replaced the internet piece inside the TV. it has packed up again this evening! it was delivered on 29 October, and has never worked properly. my internet works perfectly for all other purposes, and i have had the satellite dish checked, all at extra expense and am thoroughly fed up. can you help? Patricia Erskine-Hill
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Kent
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: To start with i called various so called experts to check the TV but nobody could help. in desperation i got a satellite installation company round and they said the problem is with the TV. I phoned ***** ***** and asked for a refund or replacement and they said their only obligation was to repair it. it has a 5 year parts and labour guarantee.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Well, i tried the Which? lawyer and he said i had to accept the repair. the repair has not worked.
Expert:  Marcinlondon replied 18 days ago.
Hello, this isCustomerand welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today and I will be happy to advise you to the extent possible on this platform. I will review your question and I will be back with my answer shortly. You will get notified when my answer is ready therefore there is no need to wait online.
Please note that our discussion on this site is for general information purposes only and does not create a lawyer-client relationship. Thank you for your patience whilst waiting for my answer.
I am sorry to hear about it. I disagree with the other lawyer! If the repair didn't fix the problem you have certain rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015!Contact them in writing, refer to the Act and demand whatever action you belive is appropriate.
When did the TV was purchased? When did you let them know about the fault? When did they try to fix it last time?
when did you buy the TV?
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
as i said in my original message, i bought it in October 2020, dellivered to me on 29 October 2020.
i stupidly did not contact JL to start with, but got various \TV companies to come and look at it. finally, as i also said in my message to. you,two subcontractors *(not JL employees) came to see it on 20 May 2021 and said it was the internet piece inside the Tv. i then waited until May 25 th for them to come back with the right part, which they installed. it worked for a few days and is now again not working
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Look, this is getting absurd. i will call ***** ***** and Which? in the morning. free.
You should have let JL know straight away to preserve your rights under the Consumer Rights Act 2015.
I hope all goes well. Best of luck!
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
than k you
Pleasure. I wish I had a better answer for you. Best wishes