How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4518
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

What is my right if someone has breaking a court order if

Customer Question

What is my right if someone has breaking a court order if the child is under a SGO
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I try that but I keep on getting told two think first got to a solicer but they take me I got to apply to court first
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I doyn know n UK devon
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. Who has the SGO? What are they doing to breach the order? Who are you in relation to the child?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The SGO child is with father family and they have break the order has its court every month contact and more contact on birthday n Christmas but that has not happened and they are stopping contact when the child is at school so contact can only be on school holiday when is should be every month and I'm the mother on the child
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

And did the SGO state that contact should be montly, or was this an agreement made between you and the guardian?

Do you have a copy of the order that you can attach?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
The contact was agree throw social then court so the judge argee on the contact agreement
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

Is it in a court order or not?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

May I see the order please?

Expert:  SASH_Law replied 17 days ago.

If the contact was ordered by the court, then the guardian is in breach of the order if they are stopping or preventing contact and you can apply for enforcement of the order by using form C79 to apply for the order to be enforced. Cost is £155, but if you're on a low income/benefits check to see if you are eligible for fee remission.

If the contact was merely agreed between the guardian, you and social services it is not enforceable in the courts, but I would suggest you contact the social worker to discuss the situation with them and see if contact can be reinstated.

I trust that answers your query. If not, please upload the order as requested earlier and I will see what further guidance I can provide.