How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ReadyLaw Your Own Question
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 2708
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
Type Your Law Question Here...
ReadyLaw is online now

I’m looking for some help,Now I have not been charged all

Customer Question

Hi I’m looking for some help,Now I have not been charged all convicted by any law organization that I have been accused by members of my family of physically and mentally abusing my daughter when she was small now this was 22 years ago and they came to this conclusion By just reading a old report from social services this all started three years ago I have been under a mental health team I have tried to commit suicide a number of times and I’ve just had enough of all these false allegations the latest one being that I’m stalking her what can I do about it
JA: I'm sorry if I'm reading you wrong here, but it seems as though you might be considering committing suicide or hurting yourself. Am I right?
Customer: no I’m not now this is what I was doing.
JA: Okay. Let's try this again. How can I help you? Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Hampshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I’ve not done anything because I have not been convicted of anything I have not been charged by anybody I am just being falsely accused by so-called members of my family and like I said the latest one is that I’m stalking them which I’m not
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No like I said this was 22 years ago I put my daughter into care so social services were involved
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
please continue thank you
Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 12 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

Sorry to hear that things have escalated so much to the point where it has affected your mental health. If what they are alleging is untrue and the effect is such that it has affected your character you may take legal action against them for defamation.

Perhaps another option would be to seek the help of a mediator. Perhaps a mediator could come in to speak to all family members to see whether there are underlying issues with the family that could be ironed out. Maybe the best option would not be to commence legal action but rather to see if mediation could help to heal whatever family issues there are.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.