12826847

I’m a domestic violence victim, The incident happened in

Customer Question

Hi, I’m a domestic violence victim
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: The incident happened in London , I’m currently in Hatfield
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: I reported to police. But since it has been passed to London Met, it’s taking time. in the meanwhile, I have got a non mole order against my husband today, a while before, my husband has posted that, he is free of his charges!! As per knowledge, he was not even taken for questioning!
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No. You can connect me to someone
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

What would you like to know about this?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I would like to know as my husband claims that all the charges are dropped, is it possible? Cause I wasn’t even notified if he was questioned. I doubt that police has even started their interrogations
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
FYI : my husband is a barrister
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Thank you. Yes it is possible. They wouldn't tell you necessarily whether he had been invited in for an interview. It wouldn't be normal for them to do that. They should tell you at some point that no further action has been taken but obviously not before he has been told. I don't know whether he does crime but if he is a barrister then he is probably being accurate

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Obviously we don't have prosecution on demand in the UK so the fact that you have made a complaint does not guarantee a prosecution.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
If I want legal action, what should I do
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

The only thing is that it would not be described as charges been dropped as charges never existed. It would just be described as no further action

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I do have pictures of my bruises, his own confessions of the crime, doctors’ report.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

I'm not sure what further legal action you were thinking of? I practice crime so I don't know anything about family law. You could consider a non-molestation order although I think the alleged assault has to be recent. If the police have taken no further action though then evidentially it doesn't sound very strong

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

There is no way they would've got access to his medical notes. They need lots of permissions to do that which they will not have. They would not even think of seeking them for what ultimately does amount to a fairly low-level assault.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Okay. Privately, can I file for a case? See, I don’t want any money but I want the verdict that he has done this to me , that I wasn’t lying
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have got a non mole order against him but still he is posting in Facebook
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

You could take out a private prosecution but I wouldn't advise it. It is very expensive and since the police seem to have refused charge almost certainly it would be taken over and dropped

Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

The fact of no charges do not mean that you were lying though although obviously some women do lie. It just means that they couldn't prove it

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
When police took the evidences, they said that I would be contacted
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have a phone hearing in this 14th of June
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

They will tell you in the end.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Can the court drop or revoke my non mole order?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

They can but they won't do that in absence. If he is contesting it then it might well be removed but not without your knowledge

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How expensive can it be to go private?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Up to 100,000. You have to appoint a disclosure officer which in this case will be massive. He will probably make an application for dismissal and it will almost certainly succeed

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
after everything that he has done, he will go unpunished and I can still be attacked if there’s a non mole order?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

You could be. Non-molestation orders don't prevent attacks. All they do is create additional conditions. In my experience they aren't worth the paper they're written on I don't know why people bother with them. If there is an incident that can be reported. If there is not there is no need to report anything.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I have his confessions on record and still if he gets away.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
That’s fine, thanks for your help
Expert:  Jo C. replied 15 days ago.

Good to talk to you.

No problem.

All the best.

Hopefully,I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. Ifanything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. Inthe meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 11 days ago.

Welcome