How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4519
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I need representation at my next court hearing relating to

Customer Question

I need representation at my next court hearing relating to my children, I do not have the funds to pay
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: yes I’ve applied for a variation order and a prohib order next hearing is 31/8/21 with local authority completing section 7
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: yes it’s strike on Trent Stoke on Trent I live in Rugeley
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The children have had very little contact with there father since last March due to them not wanting to see there father following chastisement that my son disclosed last year
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 18 days ago.

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. Given you are applying for a prohibited steps order, you may well be eligible for legal aid. You can find out here:

If not, you can try your local law centre for free assistance, you can find your local one here:

And you may want to approach who might be able to organise a pro bono barrister for you.

Failing the free options, your options are limited to self representation if you cannot afford a solicitor. If you do want to search for a solicitor you can do so here:

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Expert:  SASH_Law replied 18 days ago.

Can I clarify anything I have written in response to your query?