james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

Can default and ccj can be removed from my credit file as

Customer Question

can default and ccj can be removed from my credit file as they are satisfied plus am applying for mortgage
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: uk ]
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i paid them off
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no its all
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  james bruce replied 17 days ago.

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
thanks james
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
can we do this call tomorrow as am heading to bed

I am very sorry to say, but any defaults and CCJs on a credit file will remain there for six years from the date they were placed on the record.

If a CCJ is settled in full within the first month of being made then that can be removed, otherwise, they do remain for 6 years. It is possible to have a note added to the file to confirm that the debt is satisfied, but the entry will still remain.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
CCJ is satisfied but default payments are been paid off cant they be removed as a good will act by debtors

It is totally up to the company who placed the default to agree to remove it, no:obligation at all for them to do so.

If a CCJ has been satisfied, that will remain for six years come what May.

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.