AkuaK
AkuaK,
Experience:  Expert
109603637

I will need further information about eu settlement visa

I will need further information about eu settlement visa application
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Yes I live in UK on 10yrs parent route to British child, I am a Nigerian citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just want to know if I can switch from parent visa to eu settlement

Good morning, if you are already on the parent route on the basis of your child then this would be a better route to stay on. You would only be able to switch to the Eu route if it’s on the basis of an Eu partner.

For the Eu settlement scheme to obtain pre settled did you have a relationship prior to December 2020?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I shouldn't bother going on the eu settlement scheme as a eu family member?

As you are under British child route better to stay on that route.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If I am to follow the home office information I will be given settled status as I have lived in UK for over a decade.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Regarding eu settlement it was eu family member as my elder brother I use to live with is a eu citizen

You would only be given settled status under Eu route if you were resident for the last 5 years in U.K. but you would have needed to still be under the route as an extended family member which you no longer are.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was never granted the EU family visa

Then you will not qualify.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you for your time.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But can I switch to 5years parent visa
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
or no?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.

For the 5 years parent route if you earning over £18,600 and taken the B1 IELTS then you can look at switching.