How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AkuaK Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1746
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
AkuaK is online now

I will need further information about eu settlement visa

This answer was rated:

I will need further information about eu settlement visa application
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Yes I live in UK on 10yrs parent route to British child, I am a Nigerian citizen
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just want to know if I can switch from parent visa to eu settlement

Good morning, if you are already on the parent route on the basis of your child then this would be a better route to stay on. You would only be able to switch to the Eu route if it’s on the basis of an Eu partner.

For the Eu settlement scheme to obtain pre settled did you have a relationship prior to December 2020?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I shouldn't bother going on the eu settlement scheme as a eu family member?

As you are under British child route better to stay on that route.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
If I am to follow the home office information I will be given settled status as I have lived in UK for over a decade.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Regarding eu settlement it was eu family member as my elder brother I use to live with is a eu citizen

You would only be given settled status under Eu route if you were resident for the last 5 years in U.K. but you would have needed to still be under the route as an extended family member which you no longer are.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you.

It was a pleasure assisting you today. Take care

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I was never granted the EU family visa

Then you will not qualify.

AkuaK and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you for your time.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
But can I switch to 5years parent visa
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
or no?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.

For the 5 years parent route if you earning over £18,600 and taken the B1 IELTS then you can look at switching.