james bruce
james bruce, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  Owner at James Bruce Solicitors
90006247

My daughter has been asked to go for a finger print etc for

My daughter has been asked to go for a finger print etc for a reported race related offence which is non violent and non malicious. Can the request be challenged under the law.
JA: Where is your daughter? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: In England
JA: What steps has your daughter taken so far?
Customer: We received the request today
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: She was interviewed in the presence of a lawyer in February. I wanted second opinion

Hello, I hope you are well. My name is***** am a solicitor advocate and I will be assisting you with your question today. I am very sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing and I will do my best to help you with this matter.

was your daughter arrested, or cautioned by the police?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No , she was only interviewed
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
No she was not. Only interviewed. Can't talk at the moment please

Sorry call offers are auto generated from the site, not from me. I am currently unavailable for calls, but more than happy to continue here.

Yes it is legal for the p9lice to take the prints, DNA, etc.

Your daughter wa interviewed for a recordable offence.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you. She was not arrested neither cautioned. The doc. reads reported for racial aggravated offence / non violent and malicious.

Understood, because she has been reported for the offences, the police can take the details requested.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
What do you think may follow as due process

Your daughter has been interviewed and reported for the offence, therefore the police can insist on her attending to supply the photos, dna, prints etc.
It is not optional.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you very much. I wanted to know upon further advice what she should expect after the details have been taken., to seek further advice from you.

The details the police take will simply be stored on the police PNC. They will not be used for anything else.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I really appreciate your advice. Many thanks.

Your very welcome

Can I assist or clarify anything further?

Thank you for using Just Answer and for allowing me to assist you with your legal enquiry. I am pleased I was able to be of assistance. Please do not hesitate to come back to me for further advice on this or any other legal matter. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you again.