UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Thank you. my partner and I have been living together for 4

Customer Question

Hello and thank you.
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: my partner and I have been living together for 4 years, the separation was occured. The house we still live has just been sold. I would like to know if I am entitled the money, please.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I have requested my partner, if I could have a quarter of selling price, and he declined
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Launceston, Cornwall
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: How much please
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have been contributing half of my income every month in the last 2.5 years since I started working.
I would like to know how much I am entitled requesting for the house has just been sold, please. We have been engaged for almost 5 years.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Should I remain in the house.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 17 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

Is he offering you any share of the proceeds at all? Did he say/agree that you would be entitled to a share?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Dear sir, thank you for your reply.
My partner offered some amount, without specific amount. But he declined for the amount I requested, a quarter of selling the house. Should I agree whatever the amount he offers, instead of fighting over the amoubt
Kind regards. M Hidaka
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am unable to make a call at the moment

Yes, if you do not wish to go to court over it, you should try and negotiate the best share that he is willing to provide.

All the best. We do not need to speak on the phone.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Dear sir, my question is legal right for requesting amount of the shared house has just been sold please. I have been living in my partner's house for 4 years with contributing.
Kind regards, MHidaka

Yes, you may ask for a share in the property.

All the best