How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MatthewM1117 Your Own Question
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 325
Experience:  Expert
Type Your Law Question Here...
MatthewM1117 is online now

I’ve just been made redundant after 8years with a firm when

Customer Question

Hi I’ve just been made redundant after 8years with a firm when I joined there was a clause in my contract saying they would give me 15 years previous employment rights to join them now they are saying they will not pay the redundancy the government will how do I stand with clause in the contract
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: I’ve talked to my boss about what I could be losing and he say any short fall in payment will be paid. But I don’t trust him as soon as he liquidates I could lose everything as it’s a limited compny
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: Was a employee not in any union
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He’s told me the firm I worked for should be closed in 2weeks
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.

Good morning, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. If the company goes into administration you would still be entitled to redundancy pay, holiday pay and any unpaid wages as these can be claimed from the National Insurance Fund.

In relation to any contractual benefits contained in your contract of employment it is very unlikely that these will be paid out if the company goes into administration.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.

Please note that a call requires a further fee, I will be happy to arrange a call with you if you are agreeable to paying the further fee.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.

You can obtain a refund from customer services and I will be happy to assist you with a written response which you have already paid for.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.

The following link will assist you to claim what you are owed, you will need to receive a CN number from the insolvency practitioner first.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to assist you further.