How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SolicitorRM Your Own Question
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 5387
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
Type Your Law Question Here...
SolicitorRM is online now

Property rental lawyer required

This answer was rated:

Property rental lawyer required

Good morning. Welcome to justanswer. I am a solicitor  and happy to consider your question if you can please provide the details.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you.
Good morning,
I wish to give notice to quit to my tenant who is on a 6 month Shorthold Assured Tenancy agreement. There is no fixed end date but the 6 months is up on 27th June 2021.
Under the new Covid rules do I have to give 4 months notice rather than the normal 2 months?If I gave notice today 7.06.21 the end date would be 6.10.21, I guess if the new rule still applies.Which form would I need to give this notice?Do you have a template for me to use to give notice to quit.?Thank you very much.
Best wishes, Nichola
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Not wishing to call you at he moment, thank you

Hi, thank you for the information. Your client will now have a periodic rolling tenancy since they didnt formally renew. Yes it would end 06 october and you use the Section 21 Notice. You can download the relevant Form N6A online here:

Any follow up don't hesitate to send your message. All the best.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for that information.Whilst the tenant has been in she has invalidated the roof insulation certificate by boarding over the loft insulation. She did this without permission or asking advice onwhat materials to use.If I give her notice to quite and she does not removed this chip board floor have I any recourse in court as it will cost more than her £500 secured deposit to have it removed?
Thank you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hope you received this message as I’ve just pressed ask me another question which I don’t want - just the above
Thank you

Hi you can pursue her ffor the damages and you should send her a letter warning her to fix  before leaving failing which you can look to withhold from her deposit.

SolicitorRM and other Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I asked one of your other solicitors who wrote pages of what to do including forms. So much more help that you have offered