SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

I've had a bounce back loan with barclays for 12 months they

Customer Question

I've had a bounce back loan with barclays for 12 months they are now saying I can't apply for pay as you grow scheme because they haven't got a signed mandate can they take payments? how do I stand not my fault ?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: swindon wiltshire
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 8 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 7 days ago.

Good morning, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and I hav ereviewed your question now for you.

Whether they can enforce on the Bounce Back Loan will depend on whether the loan was given with you meeting the criteria in the first place. IF you completed all the paperwork at the time of applying and you confimed that you had the mandate to take the loan then yes they can take the payments. A bank has the obligation as responsible lender to ensure that at all times you are being treated fairly and affordability checks are done. If they are saying you had no mandate for the BBL and no mandate to sign up to the PAy as you Grow Scheme and you never confirmed you had the mandate when you initially applied then they will struggle to enforce the payments.

Any follow up please do not hesitate to send your message. All the best.