INC Law
INC Law, Solicitor-Advocate
Experience:  LL.B, LPC, LL.M, Pg.Dip, Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
12179604

I received a claim form from a company I have never dealt

Customer Question

I received a claim form from a company I have never dealt with, how do i respond?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am in London, but the claim is processed at the Northampton County Court Business Centre
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None, I received the letter on Saturday
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have never had contact with the Claimant, nor had any correspondence from them before this Claim Form was sent to me. The Particulars of Claim reference a period from May 2019, but I only set up my LTD in October 2020
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Thank you for your query.  I am a Solicitor-Advocate in the UK and will be assisting you with your question today.

I would suggest that you file a defence detailing that the facts do not relate to you and as such, the claim should be struck out.

I hope this answers your question.  If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How much of a defence do I need to give other than that it does not relate to me? Do I need to provide evidence?
Expert:  INC Law replied 14 days ago.

Yes, I would suggest you provide as much detail as possible.