ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I've just found out next door have converted the house to a

Customer Question

Hi I've just found out next door have converted the house to a 4 bed HMO. They have not notified any neighbours neither are they allowed to do so?
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: No I wanted to know can I appeal it? I've asked the builders what sort of HMO is it going to be but non of them know and the landlord is never at the property to ask.
JA: Where is the house located?
Customer: Residential area on a council estate. I've bought my house and there are no other HMO in the area
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No notice was put on property or near by to let people know about what they was doing
Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to assist you with this today.

Please bear with me as I will be online and off-line from time to time and therefore, may be delayed getting back to you. You will receive an email when I reply.

You never received any notice of these works or plans?

and have you made the council aware?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No one has made me aware. The floor plans to the house blown over into my garden that made me aware of change.
When I asked the builders they told me they was converting it into a 4 bed hmo and no one has told me what type of residents will be living there
Expert:  Stuart J replied 8 days ago.

I’m afraid the this is beyond the scope of my expertise.  I’m going to opt out of the question thread for another expert to consider.  Please don’t reply because if you do the question returns to my inbox as requiring my attention and it will slowdown any other expert replying to you.  Thank you

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for your patience and enquiry.

The council usually requires for a landlord to display a notice outside the property for 21 days to let neighbours know of the HMO licence. I recommend contacting the local council to ascertain whether a licence was in fact applied for by the landlord and also to report that notice was given to neighbours.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.