plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

Can you pls tell me what is cpr55 6.2, I have been sent by

Customer Question

Can you pls tell me what is cpr55 6.2
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I have been sent by the courts
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: general form of judgment or order
JA: Is there anything else the Expert should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: i just want to know how to deal with this
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once! Thank you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

CPR 55 relates to claims for possession (of property). CPR 55.6 deals with service of claims against trespassers to a property where the names are ***** ***** this clarify the question for you?

Is there anything further I can help you with today? Is there anything unclear in the notice you have received from the court?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I applied to court for possession order
Now courts had ordered that
The claimant must file a notice complying with CPR55 6.2 within 14 days in order for the claim to proceed )within 14 days
I need clear guidance what action to take
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I don’t want live call thanks
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have authorised the £5 transactions
Expert:  plclegal replied 14 days ago.

OK - this is the text of CPR practice direction 55C, 6.2.

New claims and stayed claims brought on or after 3 August 2020 – demonstrating compliance with relevant Pre-Action Protocol and providing information as to effect of pandemic

6.1 In any claim (whether a new claim or a stayed claim) brought on or after 3 August 2020, the Claimant must—

(a) bring to the hearing two copies of a notice—

(i)  in a claim to which the Pre-Action Protocol for Possession Claims by Social Landlords is applicable, confirming that the Claimant has complied with that Pre-Action Protocol and detailing how the Claimant has done so; and

(ii)  in all claims, setting out what knowledge that party has as to the effect of the Coronavirus pandemic on the Defendant and their dependants; and

(b)  serve on the Defendant not less than 14 days prior to the hearing the notices referred to in sub-paragraph (a) setting out what knowledge that party has as to the effect of the Coronavirus pandemic on the Defendant and their dependants.

6.2In any claim (whether a new claim or a stayed claim) brought on or after 3 August 2020 to which Section II of Part 55 applies the Claimant must file with the claim form for service with it a notice setting out what knowledge that party has as to the effect of the Coronavirus pandemic on the Defendant and their dependants.

This is the link to the full PD and the CPR - here:

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/practice-direction-55c-coronavirus-temporary-provision-in-relation-to-possession-proceedings

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part55

I hope that this assists. Can I clarify anything further for you?

Expert:  plclegal replied 13 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter