MrC
MrC, Lawyer
Experience:  LegalX
105439980

I need some information on crypto NFT law, UK, We are just

i need some information on crypto NFT law
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: UK
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: We are just looking into launching a nft auction platform and are interested in auctioning off pokemon graded tcg nfts. Obviously we are not claiming to be Pokémon or have any involvement with them, nor will our website be based on Pokémon. We are thinking of haviong all our artwork designed by scratch. I do know that if i was to use any of the Pokémon names i would be infringing copyright.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thats it
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi I downloaded the app so just waiting for a call
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello is there anyone that can assist?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
please I’m happy to wait

Hello. I have advised multiple companies and natural persons concerning various Crypto matters, including those pertaining to NFTs.

Hence, I will be able to assist you. Your primary question and concern is if you would break any intellectual property laws by making NFTs of certain Pokemons, yes?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hi, it’s more around can I make an nft of a Pokémon card that o physically own. So realistically I’m making an nft of my own property? I understand if it one I didn’t own?

Would that involve existing Pokemons or fictional Pokemons invented by you?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It would be an image of the Pokemon card I own. And aslong as I credit Pokemon and don’t state it’s our art? But yea fictional characters designed and rendered aswell

Understood. Well, there would be multiple layers of complexity here. Would depend if the NFT was/is made for commercial purposes, which I assume it is. Then it would depend if the NFT would be an image of an existing copyright or trademark. In case of need, I can provide an in-depth analysis and report. Thank you.

MrC, Lawyer
Experience: LegalX
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
The Pokémon tcg cards thats are going to be nfts are physical products owned by myself. If I am auctioning of an nft of this card. Do I need to provide the winner with the physical card. As I’m only auctioning of the nft/image?Second question: we will be releasing our own custom created line of NFTs, they are custom drawn, designed, rigged and animated from scratch so there won’t be any copy right issues?
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi I accepted the offer what do I do from here?

Should see my email directly disclosed, send me an email when you have the time. Thank you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Hi sorry I can’t seem to see the email address and no email has come through?

You should see a box with a title "expert contact information". Generally, you should see the information on a laptop/computer or tablet, as in some cases, on mobile it does not work properly.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ok got it i will send over an email now :) thanks
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Email sent