Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112062897

I would like some advise re the legalities to bailiffs

I would like some advise re the legalities to bailiffs entering property that doesn’t belong to the quilts party if that’s clear enough
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I am at home Tydd st Mary Wisbech Cambs
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: it’s after the event it happen Friday he came to the house brushed his way in through open back door ransacked the house abusive to me it is not mydebt it was my sons he doesn’t live here he lives in Ibiza I want to know how to send a complaint to the company I’ve tried all ways to contacts them and I want to know how I stand legally as my property and belonging. Not my sons he has nothing of his here perhaps a old body spray or an odd pair of socks. He hasn’t been back for a visit since prior to he lives there with his family.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would like to write a letter of complaint Must mention covid my age and vulnerability

Hello. My name is***** am a solicitor here to help you with your question. I will respond as soon as practicable which will be some time today.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi ok. What ever is best for you
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am also awaiting do I get my money back if no phone call. Thanks

Hello.

Sorry to hear about the experience you had, it was clearly difficult and upsetting.

How to complain depends on what type of bailiff they are.  They are usually what we call a certified bailiff. I have enclosed below further details about complaining about a bailiff.  The information from the CAB is very helpful.

Otherwise, you can check whether they are a certified bailiff on the certified bailiff register.  If they said they were a high court enforcement officer. contact the court that sent them -  a county court bailiff, family court bailiff or a civilian enforcement officer then contact the local Court.  There is a form you  can use to send to the Court who sent them.  I have attached the link here

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/688204/form-4-eng.pdf

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/action-your-creditor-can-take/bailiffs/how-bailiffs-should-treat-you/complaining-about-bailiffs/

As for a phone call, I can't take one right now. I can't take a phone call at the moment. You don't have to have a phone call.  Customer Services should be able to arrange a refund, I'm afraid we have nothing to do with charges and billing.

I trust that the above is helpful.  They should have left some paperwork behind which will help you with the complaint. If you have any other questions, let me know.