12826847

I have a summons to a court hearing for speeding and not

I have a summons to a court hearing for speeding and not paying my fine in time. My question is, what paperwork do i need to provide? Do i need a lawyer?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Brighton, sussex
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes ideally, its a summons.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: That i will have accrued 9 points by that point, and 3 extra for not seeing the paperwork in time. Equating to 12 points. Im hoping not to get a ban, but a fine because i need to drive for work. Im a celebrant and doula and drive all over Sussex, and surrey, often other areas too.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

What was the reason you didnt pay in time and what was your speed over limit this time?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
it was over the limit. I didnt see the fine, i didnt open the post. It was a stressful time, my hisband wasnt working, we had split up, i was self employed and trying to pull in work. I just missed opening the envelopes with the fine, and my husband didnt open them either. He has ASD and often misses payments for bills, and his prescription.I did plea guilty to speeding and non psyment.

Thank you i will call asap -