UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Am I not allowed to work RESIDENTAL PERMIT 'indefinite leave

Customer Question

Hi, am I not allowed to work RESIDENTAL PERMIT 'indefinite leave to remain' in an expired pasport. My employer is telling me that i unless i have a Bio metric card before i continue to work in the UK.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: I leave in the UK but carrying a Sierra Leonean pastor and my Residential parmit was issued to me in2. 006
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: That's why I am her for advice
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 12 days ago.

I am a solicitor.

Unfortunately, expired passports cannot be used to prove your right to work in the UK. You should apply for a BRP: https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/replace-visa-brp

May I help further?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can you

Sure. Please ask

I hope my answer was useful.

All the best