How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 7988
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

I live in the Uk and about to receive inheretance from

Customer Question

Hello My name is***** live in the Uk and about to receive inheretance from America
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: I am in contact and fixing my situation with HMRC, My citizenship is Mexican residing with a pre-settlement status in the UK I live in London
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: No I have not I have just received the papers
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I just need the information the insurance company is requesting
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 16 days ago.

Hello Zaloren,

I am a solicitor. What do you wish to ask please?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Receiving an inheritance from America. I need to know the Article or tax rates applicable when receiving an inheritance
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 16 days ago.

How much are you going to receive?

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 15 days ago.

As a beneficiary, you are not liable to pay any inheritance tax in the UK.

All the best