MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

I have never had an old age pension. I am 80 and I wondered

Customer Question

I have never had an old age pension. I am 80 and I wondered if I am entitled to one,could you help me please.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: 8 monks close neath abbey neath.sa10 7bw
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my ref number is ***** hope that helps
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. To clarify do you mean you have never claimed your state pension?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No I have not

You should usually receive a letter a few months before you become entitled to your state pension, however this does not appear to have occurred in your case. You can apply online using the following link: https://www.gov.uk/get-state-pension

Hopefully I have answered your question but if anything remians unclear I will be happy to assist you further.