How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JimLawyer Your Own Question
JimLawyer, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 13947
Experience:  Senior Associate Solicitor
Type Your Law Question Here...
JimLawyer is online now

I have a notice of proposed allocation to the fast

This answer was rated:

I have a notice of proposed allocation to the fast track....I have absolutely no idea how to fill out the form nor can I afford legal representation to help me
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Manchester
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Bmw have requested a Tomlin Order, but this letter is from the County Court business centre
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so

Hello, this is Jim and welcome to JustAnswer. I will be the lawyer working with you today.
Sorry to hear of the issue. I will set out my written answer shortly.

That order you received usually gives directions for how the rest of the claim will proceed. The court allocates a claim either to the small claims track if the value is under £10K, the fast track (£10K to £25K) or multi track (£25K+).
I am not sure if you are talking about this form and you are not sure how to fill it out :

If you need to fill it out, most of the form is self-explanatory though the courts usually want a draft directions order too, such as the attached.
I don't know if you have an expert report and not only that, you talk about a Tomlin Order which is usually signed by both parties when a settlement has been reached. The order is then sent to the court and the court considers the terms - if the court agrees then the case is stayed and the terms in the order are then binding. So I don't know if you need to do the directions questionnaire or if you have actually settled the case, in which case you would not need to do the directions questionnaire. Perhaps you can let me know.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The tomlin order was returned 2weeks ago and I haven't heard anything since

The courts are quite slow at the moment - if you call the court, ask to speak to the civil listing section and ask them if the tomlin order has been dealt with. They will tell you if you call them now.

I can find the number if you let me know which court it is.

I hope this helps and answers the question - my goal is to ensure you are happy with the answer and have the information you need. If you have any follow up questions then please let me know. I will reply as soon as I can to help with any further queries.

Many thanks,

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I can afford the call. I've been out of work for 15months due to covid

Please let me know if the answer helped or if you need me to cover anything else?. I am happy to clarify the answer or if you have any follow up questions. If so, I’d be grateful if you would let me know. I am free most days, including weekends, so feel free to ask me anything you are unsure of.

Best wishes,


The call is an automatic pop up option, no call is required.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I could afford the £5 but a neighbour helped me
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
County Court business centre. Northampton

Thanks, ***** ***** you need is 0300(###) ###-####/p>

JimLawyer and other Law Specialists are ready to help you