Jo W
Jo W, Solicitor
Experience:  Expert
112062897

I have recently had a solar system installed. The contractor

Customer Question

I have recently had a solar system installed. The contractor is registered as NAPIT accredited. Following the installation he sent me a NAPIT certificate. The name on the certificate was correct but the address was incorrect. I have emailed him on several occasions requesting a correct certificate but have not had a response.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Bembridge,, Isle of Wight
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have emailed him on 4 occasions, the last one being about 3 weeks ago to which I attracted the incorrect certificate.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I think that more or less sums up the situation
Expert:  Jo W replied 9 days ago.

Hello. My name is***** am a solicitor here to help you with your question. I will respond as soon as practicable which will be some time today.

Expert:  Jo W replied 9 days ago.

Hi there.  I assume that you have his phone details, place of address  (or can find these on NAPIT).

Can I suggest you call as well as email and give a set period, eg 7 days,  in which you want a response otherwise you will have no alternative but to approach NAPIT  (plus any other trade associations he is registered with).

I think it's going to be a matter of persistence.  There is not particular legal route I would suggest at this stage.  He has failed to provide an accurate certificate but would I suggest enforcing this through a Court , not at this stage.

I hope this has been of some help. I realise it doesn't provide a quick fix.  Any questions, please ask.