Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

Can a police record of conviction be expunge from DBS

Hello.
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Can a police record of conviction be expunge from DBS record?
JA: What was the conviction for exactly? Have all appeals been exhausted?
Customer: Conviction- possessing without exemption of dangerous dog, this was served last 01/11/2012.
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Croydon, UK
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no appeals made so far but it is cause for not getting a job due to the record of conviction.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What was the conviction for and how long ago was it?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Hello Ben, thank you for getting back so quickly.
It is a police record of conviction for my son- he has given me his verbal consent to facilitate this enquiry.
Are you happy to proceed?

Yes that is fine. What was the conviction for and how long ago was it?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
The conviction was on the 01/11/2012.
RE: Possessing without exemption a mixed pit bull dog Dangerous Dogs Act 1991.
South London Magistrates ruling: Costs £85, contingent destruction order, owner to comply with 5 recommendations.

Thank you. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Hi are you free for a call please, I tried a few times without any luck

Hi there, so as discussed when it comes to DBS checks themselves, what appears on there will depend on the level of check and specifically Enhanced checks will reveal a lot more than the Basic or Standard checks. Even though this conviction should no longer appear on the first two, the Enhanced checks can still reveal it for years to come, based on whether the police believe it is relevant to the application.

When it comes to the biometrics, I am surprised that they have taken such a rigid approach and this is something which you need to challenge them directly over and ask for the specific rules or policies which have prompted them to make such a decision. Contact the specific department which has communicated the decision to you and ask them for their dedicated complaints policy to escalate this further and try to get some answers.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.