Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

My question is related to checking one of clients DBS

Customer Question

My question is related to checking one of clients DBS records can this be done trough a firm or it needs to be done individually. How can a firm request DBS on their clients behalf
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

What level of check do you wish to carry out and for what position?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I need to check clients records before applying for applying for his naturalisation.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 14 days ago.

OK thank you. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. If you just need an ad-hoc DBS request to be made, you would have to go through what are known as ‘umbrella bodies who provide DBS checks.  You can search for them here:

https://dbs-ub-directory.homeoffice.gov.uk/

If you only require a Basic DBS check, the applicant can do that personally and forward it on tom you. They can apply here:

https://www.gov.uk/request-copy-criminal-record

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 13 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best