MatthewM1117
MatthewM1117,
Experience:  Expert
110754241

We run a social society Anglo ITALIAN sOCIETY OF BIRMINGHAM

Customer Question

we run a social society Anglo ITALIAN sOCIETY OF BIRMINGHAM is it permissable FOR THE SAID COMMITTEE TO STAND AS OFFICERS LONGER THAN 3 YEARS AT5 A TIME
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: NO THE COUNTRY IS THE uk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: i HAVE BEEN IN THE CHAIR FOR 9YEARS AND THE SEC HAS STOOD FOR 35 YEARS
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: NO
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 10 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. The length of time that a person may serve on a committee is of a fixed length. This varies by committee role, some roles only hold office for one year, but are eligible for re-election.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
what about if there are no members that want to nominated for the coomittee

Then if no other members were nominated the committee members could simply be re-elected.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
many thanks for your advice

Glad to be of assitance, hopefully I have answered but if anything remains unclear I will be happy to assist you further.