SolicitorRM
SolicitorRM, Solicitor
Experience:  Director and Principal Solicitor. UK
103094402

When we acknowledge a Purchase Order, as part of the

Customer Question

When we acknowledge a Purchase Order, as part of the acknowledgement, we state that it is our T&Cs that apply and not the customer's T&Cs as (usually) stated on the P.O However, there are situations where we have an agreement in place with the customer that states that any terms and conditions of business of the Supplier will not apply. Does our statement in the P.O acknowledgement supersede what the contract says? Thank you
JA: What state are you in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: No. Im in the UK
JA: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?
Customer: NO
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing else
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
when will I get an answer?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I need a response please
Expert:  SolicitorRM replied 12 days ago.

Good evening, welcome to just answer. I am a solicitor and the moderators have asked if I could respond to your question. Thank you for having been very patient whilst they were looking for a suitable expert. Your agreement with the customer will bind you both and therefore will take precedence. Your Purchase Order contains the standard position unless agreed otherwise and when you agree with a specific customer different terms then that agreement varies the terms on the Purchase Order. Any follow up please do not hesitate to send you message. All the best.