Jamie-Law
Jamie-Law, Solicitor
Experience:  Solicitor
96104960

I purchased items instore top shop edin £430 in late dec.

Customer Question

I purchased items instore top shop edin £430 in late dec . The top shop never reopened and was taken over by ASOS . I returned my parcel with Arcadia sticker by Hermes with receips and my Burtons charge card sealed in envelope in the parcel with a letter, I tracked the parcel back to Arcadia ware house 10/3 at 2037 my hermes parcel posted 5/3 p6704540 I have sent so many letters through resolver and had 2 reply first wait 28 days after top shop customer services said sorry to hear you still have not received your refund , not interested ASOS say it’s nothing to do with them . Annue
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: Edinburgh scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Burtons fraud dep I was told they should recover the money , tried and told me no can’t recover the money although froze my account , CDRL strange after few days closed the case , with no feed back,
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: tried lots Avenue omblisman citizens advice and sister company.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 6 days ago.

Expert:  Jo C. replied 5 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Hi, I will put this on hold for now ,
my credet card provider has reopened my case as from ten minutes ago , I have read your rights and the credet provider i is jointly and severally liable especially when the seller has gone bust
Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will help you. I am just reviewing your question.

Hopefully, we can get this resolved quickly.

If you need to contact customer services you can do so by calling free on: 0808(###) ###-####or by email: *****@******.***

You may get a request offering you a telephone call. I am more than happy to do this for you but please note that this is a premium service and therefore attracts an additional charge. This charge is not instead of asking an online question but in addition to. You do not have to accept a telephone call and if you do not wish to have it, please do not click on the request for one. Should you do so then you will be charged for the call.

I will try and answer your question promptly, but as this is an online service there can be delays.

Don’t worry you do not have to wait here for an answer and you will get an email when I respond.

Now let me just take a look and your question and I will see if I can provide an answer for you.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

You need to write a letter, set out your losses and request compensation within 30 days or say you will go to Court. This is called a pre-action protocol letter of claim. You should make sure you send this signed delivery and keep a copy. You must give 30 days warning before going to Court.

If they do not compensate you then you can issue proceedings in the County Court. You can either do this online at: www.moneyclaim.gov.uk or by completing form N1 https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/form-n1-claim-form-cpr-part-7 and take it to your local County Court.

The Court will then issue a claim which a copy will be sent to the Defendant who will have a limited time to defend it, if not you can enter Judgment and enforce.

If the claim is for £10,000 or less it will be a small claim so you will not need legal representation. Over this value, you would need representation for trial.

Can I clarify anything for you about this today, please?

If you need anything further I am available for a follow up at no extra cost.

Expert:  Jamie-Law replied 5 days ago.

I was just following up to see if there is anything else I can assist you with today? If so, just let me know.

If not, then I am happy to have been able to assist you.