How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 16869
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a question regarding a personal situation that I

Customer Question

I have a question regarding a personal situation that I consider stalking from a group of people who have targeted me for some time. Is this an area i could ask about?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland, Glasgow
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have contacted Police, I have written to newspapers. I am on medication from doctor for lack of sleep overa long period of time due to stress and impact on my life.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have been assaulted previously by one of those involved (he received custodial sentence for assault)
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, I am considering going to Police regarding on going situation, however Police have in the past shown a reluctance to investigate my various complaints and tie in those responsible. I have a number of questions about how best to proceed. However I am considering asking if a lawyer to accompany me would add weight to my complaint and ask Police to action against those responsible. I also have questions regarding how best proceed and the law regarding stalking and the impact on my private and social life. I am happy to discuss this further and open to options. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  JGM replied 13 days ago.

You would be better to see a lawyer with a view to taking out a prevention from harassment order through the civil courts. The police are often reluctant to take action where there is no clear evidence or insufficient evidence to sustain a criminal conviction.