How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MarianC Your Own Question
MarianC, Solicitor
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 1021
Experience:  20 years experience in Wills and Probates and Trusts
Type Your Law Question Here...
MarianC is online now

Where the TR1 document shows the tenants is common share as

Customer Question

Where the TR1 document shows the tenants is common share as 10% 90%
JA: What steps have been taken so far? Has any paperwork been prepared or filed?
Customer: At present the TR1 held by Land Registry shows a 90%/10% equity split but the Trust Deed completed at the same time shows a 50%/50% split. There is no current dispute but we wonder which of the above will apply should either of us die prematurely?
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: England
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Law
Expert:  MarianC replied 11 days ago.

Good afternoon, thank you for your question. If you died without the Declaration of Trust then the split would be 90/10%. With the Deed, if you die the split will be 50/50. Keep it somewhere safe!

Kind regards


Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The Deed is held we believe by Mortgage Company - can we create a new Deed and have it witnessed by a Solicitor?
Expert:  MarianC replied 11 days ago.

the Deed wouldn't usually be held by the lender, do you mean have different percentages? You would need the solicitor to prepare one for you.

Expert:  MarianC replied 11 days ago.

Do you have any further questions?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No thanks Marian, I have decided on this occasion to speak with a local solicitor. thank you though for your help.Steve
Expert:  MarianC replied 11 days ago.

thank you.