plclegal
plclegal, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister at law
101823876

I have been in a domestic violence situation my ex is under

Customer Question

Hi , i have been in a domestic violence situation my ex is under bail conditions , how can i get his bail conditions dropped without defending him x
JA: Do you have any upcoming court dates on the domestic abuse charges?
Customer: Yes
JA: Where did the domestic abuse occur?
Customer: My house x
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Expert:  plclegal replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is*****’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this. I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please bear in mind though that this is an email service and not live chat and therefore I may not respond immediately.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information. You may receive a phone call request which is from the site, not me, and you may choose to ignore this request.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

Please be patient with me as I am generally assisting multiple customers at once! Thank you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 8 days ago.

Why do you want the bail conditions dropped and are the conditions basically to not contact you or come to your house?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
its not to contact me directly or indirectly or enter the area i live in , the problem is we have the same circle of friends hence making things difficult and to avoid each other , i do not find him a threat whatsoever and believe the incident was totally out of character for him .
Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

I understand, I really do. Its not your decision to make though, the officer in charge the case would have to authorise a decision to vary bail or he'd have to make an application to the magistrates court to vary the conditions.

If you're in support, that would help, but its not his decision or yours, and the court may not agree.

I assume he's got a solicitor? He needs to speak to them about this.

I hope that this answers your question?

Thank you for your enquiry today. I am happy to answer follow-up questions - please do get in touch with requests for extra information or further queries and I will do my best to help you.

Expert:  plclegal replied 7 days ago.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please do let me know if you have any additional questions in the future. I am also happy to answer any new questions on other topics that you may have, you can request me by putting “for PLCLEGAL” at the start of the new thread. Best wishes, Peter