Buachaill, Barrister
Experience:  Barrister 17 years experience
53108719

I am the sponsor for my fiancée to live with me, marry me I

I am the sponsor for my fiancée to live with me, marry me I the UK, from the Philiipines. I have completed the online application, but I hear Philippines are now in the red list where none con come to the UK. What do I do now? Still process the documents or wait to when they are of the red list?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any paperwork with the UK government? What country do you live in? What is your citizenship?
Customer: Me the sponsor is UK citizen, my fiancée who I'm sponsoring is from the phillipine citizenship. I have did all the completion of the online visa, paid for. Now I'm on the stage to figure out how am I to upload docs on behalf of my fiencee
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about the visa?
Customer: No, not necessary
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I'm just thinking her terbocolosis test certificate, (sorry wrong spelling) is due to expire later next week, does she have to take again? Even though I have paid for the visa application but not yet submitted the supporting documents?

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am your Expert and I will provide the answer you require.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok thank you

1.  You should go ahead and submit the documents as given the time lapse before you get the visa for your fiancee, there will have been a positive resolution of the travel arrangements so that she can travel from the Philippines.  Otherwise, your application for her, risks falling foul of the expiry of documents, such as the tuberculosis certificate.  So, you are better off go ahead and apply. I would also advise her to vaccinate herself in the Philippines because, shortly, all people who have been vaccinated, will be allowed to travel.  So, she should put herself into the category of persons who can travel by vaccinating herself.

2.  If you require any clarification of issues raised in the answer, I am happy to help further.  Also, if there are any other queries you have in relation to the question, I am happy to assist in their resolution.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
We wish to avoid the vaccine as its not clear how it will react to the body in regards ***** ***** getting pregnant too. So we look to avoid that.
In regards ***** ***** documents then if I'm to upload it, I will not get a refund back but if any delays they will give grace of time if the visa is submitted but the philipines are still in the red?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Just to reconfirm I have already applied and paid for the visa application online, 25th May and now in the process of submitting the supporting documents

3.  Yes, essentially, once your fiancee has the visa, she can choose when to activate it.   The visa only begins when she enters the UK and due to Covid, there is time allowed before the exercise of the visa owing to the travel arrangements.  So, you have nothing to lose by going ahead and getting the visa for her.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Oh thank you,
My next questions ...
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
As I'm acting on her behalf is there a centre I can go to in the UK to submit the documents. I know there is one in my home town where I am that's Manchester UK. Could I go there or do I need to submit online myself only
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
As I'm not the applicant?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Also if it is fine with me going to the centre to upload documents on my fiancée behalf, she would need to show her physical passport and do the biometrics in her country, can that be done at the time the visa is accepted so to avoid hard issues of travelling in her own country from her city to the other city where it is held, due to the pandemic?

4.  You will need to submit the application online yourself, as I don´t know of any centre, except for express applications where the applicant would be present where you can present the documents.  Secondly, there i s no such thing as doing biometrics and showing her physical passport at the time of issue of the visa or the acceptance of the visa.  This will have to be done in the course of the application in her country, pandemic or no pandemic.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for the clear specific answers

5.  You are welcome! Glad to be of assistance.  Have a good day.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi another question, my fiancée requires the Tuberculosis test and due to the pandemic and extra tests after the xray she got the certificate. This was after months of waiting. She recently got the certificate now so allowing me to get back with obtaining the required documents whi ch I basically have all now to upload to them this week.
The expiry of the 6 months from the xray certificate is due next week 14th June.
I have paid the visa application as mention, that was on the 25th May.
If my fiancée has the biometric done after the expiry of the to certificate would she still be fine in regards ***** ***** fact that the online visa application was processed and paid for alrwady, on the 25th May?

6.  I don´t know the answer to your query as i have never seen it in practice.  Normally, the biometric is done during the period of the certificate and you should aim for this to occur.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks for the response

7.  You are welcome.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi apart of my visa application is to provide proof of wages and income to care for my fiancée that is fine to produce wage slips 12 months and bank statements to show this further and a letter from the company, but do I need to fill in a Appendix 11 form too?

8.  Yes, you need to fill in an Appendix 11 form as well.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok thank you

9.  You are welcome.  Glad to be of assistance.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi, going through the Appendix II -- Meant the financial requirements by full time employment to not needing to fill out anything else about other assessets as I meet the financial requirements from my permanent Job?

10. You should fill out information about other assets as well.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.