Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

EUROFINS UK were contracted by me to provide 2 x PCR Tests

Customer Question

EUROFINS UK were contracted by me to provide 2 x PCR Tests to qualify me to return to UK by air, in accordance with GOV regulations. Those tests were carried out, with a 'guarantee of a result in 24 hrs from receipt', but 8 days later I still have not received any results. The consequence of this is that I now have to spend an additional 4 days in quarant
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: UK.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Rung the company - blocked by receptionist. Email several times. No answer
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want to know how to block this company which currently enjoys being an 'approved supplier by the Government'. And its not just me. On there UK Facebook page, Eurofins UK have many many more complaints similar or worse (like not even receiving the test kits at all). I personally have lost 4 more days of personal freedom having already served 10 days quarantine.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Expert:  Joshua replied 10 days ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 15 years’ experience. Please be aware that although I will endeavour to reply to you promptly, I am also in full time private practice and so I may not be available to respond immediately and it may also take me a few minutes to prepare a reply. The site will notify you as soon as I respond. I look forward to working with you to answer your question fully.

I am very sorry to read of the above and I imagine what a difficult position it must be. I will certainly try to clarify your options.

1. May I confirm you have the "guarantee" you refer to as a written condition by the company please?
  2. Have you contacted the company to ascertain why they missed the deadline they confirmed?
Expert:  Joshua replied 10 days ago.

I'm following up on the above. Without some further information from you as above, I am limited in what I can say on the matter but in the hope it is helpful nonetheless, I will provide you with the following broad answer. If you are able to kindly provide me with the above further information or if you have any further questions generally, I will be delighted to expand on the following - please just reply back to me in this case:

Notwithstanding the above, in general terms if you have an express condition as part of your contract that the results were to be provided within a certain timescale and you can demonstrate that the company failed to do so, then this would amount to a breach of contract which you could claim damages which will include your consequential losses as a result of failure which at least would include the additional quarantine time you were subject to but also potentially any other reasonable costs you can demonstrate directly flowed from the delay in provision of the results

If you find yourself in a position where it is necessary to make such a claim and you are not able to agree settlement amicably, you can consider issuing a claim in the County Court using the following link:

https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim

Expert:  Joshua replied 9 days ago.

I hope the above answers all your questions. If there is anything else I can help with please reply back to me otherwise thank you very much for visiting JustAnswer and I hope we will see you again in the future.