Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have a question, Please. I have work nearly 5 years with

Hi, my name is***** have a question, Please. I have work nearly 5 years with one employer. Now is situation I'm on stress sickness note. Because my manager put me on real big stress. I have a wellness process now with VitaMinds. Today I have received sms from my manager, I must tomorrow received Skype call from HR and my manager. I'm not ready to talk with my manager or HR. Right know I'm on stress again because my wellness process not finished and I don't know what I need to do? Could you help me with advice, Please?
JA: Of course. The best way to reach them is by emailing***@******.*** Have you discussed this with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: No I'm not talk with anyone. I'm not ready to talk with my employer. And with lawyer Im talk now, I think?
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I have a employee contract. No I'm not in union.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I don't think so.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

What do you specifically want to know about this, please? Please note this is not always an instant service and I may not be able to reply immediately. However, rest assured that I am dealing with your question and will get back to you today. Thanks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I want to know- I don't want to speak with my manager or HR or any from my company, till that time when I'm fully recover from the stress. I don't know how I can deal in this situation. I'm just need some advice, Please.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's very hard to talk with anyone right now, because my hands shaking and voice not very good now.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Are you could advice ?

Thank you very much for clarifying. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation.

If you are off work, especially with things like stress or depression, or similar, the employer has to be very cautious how they deal with it and what they expect from you whilst you are off. It could be that anything work-related can be a triggering event for you and they must ensure that they are not responsible for making things worse for you.

Therefore, if they need to talk to you about anything, such as your condition, a return to work, etc they must ensure it is done in a sensitive manner and in a way which you are happy to go through. So if you are not in a position to talk to them about it, they should wait until you are, or at least do it in a way which you are happy with, such as through email or letter, rather than talk to them or see them. Remind them of their duty of care towards you and that their current requests will only make the situation and your condition worse, which means it should be avoided.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank You.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best