How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask SASH_Law Your Own Question
SASH_Law, Lawyer
Category: Law
Satisfied Customers: 4502
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
Type Your Law Question Here...
SASH_Law is online now

I’m after advice of the legal aspect for the father of my

This answer was rated:

I’m after advice of the legal aspect for the father of my child seeing her as we aren’t communicating in a great way
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I’ve tried doing it mutually between us and he isn’t accepting of the child needs I haven’t spoken to anyone about this on a legal side
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I live in Sommerset
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no thank you
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hello ?

Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.

I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. How old is the child? How often does the father usually see her? What needs is he not accepting?

The following is useful info to assist you with the site:

  1. I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
  2. The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
  3. Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
  4. Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
  5. Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
  6. If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi my daughter is 7 weeks old and I try to allow him to come round every week, he doesn’t under that he can’t take her away due to exclusively breastfeeding and he is saying I should be making more time for him to visit at the weekends as he works during the week when I do try to keep weekends for him but having a new relationship and taking on 2 kids sometimes I’m busy and I’ve only said no to 2 Saturdays over the 2 weeks but tried to make up for it on a Friday evening but he had his own plans so wouldn’t do it, I also have had to go through csa as he said he has and hasn’t but he’s not being very good to me in the communication between us about our daughter and the social worker for her has suggest I seek legal advice as he’s not co operating
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I’m just looking to see what I can do and who to go through about this as I don’t want to go to court but will if I have to and I would like a relationship between him and her to be there so when she is old enough she can go stay but at the moment he’s not being kind about it and putting much pressures me so I would like to see where I stand in allowing him to see her as at this stage in her life the both of us need to be flexible as if she is only still very young

Is he named on the birth certificate?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
He is

If you and the other parent cannot agree on the child arrangements you should try mediation as a first port of call; you will need to attend a MIAM at the very least before applying to court. If mediation is unsuccessful or the other parent won’t engage, the mediator will sign your form and you will be able to apply to court for a child arrangements order.

You do this on form C100, and the cost is £215 unless you are on a low income or benefits in which case you may be entitled to fee remission, see form EX160. The court will make a decision based on the best interests of the child.

Find a mediator here:

C100 form:

EX160 form:

E160A Notes:

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Thank you

You're very welcome.

At 7 weeks, there is no way the court will order him to be able to take the baby away on his own - it'll be often and short contact, rather than lengthy periods.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Yeah that’s what I cannot get across to him and neither can the social worker so I’m having no choice but to go through something as I think my only option is to not see him myself and do it through someone else

Yes, that could be an idea - maybe supported contact in a contact centre. Discuss this with your social worker, they will be able to help you sort something out.

SASH_Law and other Law Specialists are ready to help you

Can I clarify anything for you?