Hi, I’m Lea and I will be assisting you with your query today.
I am very sorry to hear about your dilemma, but will do my best to provide you with advice and guidance on what to do next. Unless your son has been the victim of domestic abuse from his ex partner, with evidence to prove that, he is unlikely to be eligible for legal aid. However you can check for him here: www.gov.uk/check-legal-aid
If he is eligible, the website will take his details and someone will call him, or he will be given a number to call to discuss his case initially. Given it is such short notice, even if he is eligible for legal aid, it is unlikely that the certificate would be put in place for 16th June (it can take several weeks), so he may not get representation for the first hearing.
If he is not eligible, which I strongly suspect he won't be given that the ex has made allegations of abuse against him, then you can find a solicitor here: solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk
You can try a direct access barrister too, if you wish. See www.directaccessportal.co.uk
I would strongly suggest, because of the allegations against him, that he does have some form of representation, particularly if he is not confident about speaking for himself in court.
The following is useful info to assist you with the site:
- I have found that every question asked in my field of expertise can be answered online; I am not available for phone calls.
- The site does automated pop ups for calls, if you inadvertently click for a phone call but don’t want one, kindly refer the matter directly to customer services so that they can assist you.
- Customer services no. is:(###) ###-####9374
- Please note that you have paid for an answer to your initial query – if detailed review of documents is required, then this is likely to attract a premium service offer.
- Please note this is a Q&A site – there is no client/lawyer relationship involved. You are a customer of Just Answer.
- If it is a weekend, or evening/late, please be aware that responses may be slower. This is NOT a chat service, it is email based.